This Trumpet’s had a chequered history – we had it in a few months ago after its owner filled it with diesel on a test ride. We’re slowly going through the things it needs to get it absolutely spot-on; this time remapping the Sagem ECU was on the list, to match the stock can we sourced to replace a nasty, too noisy aftermarket item.
It went well – we managed to dial out the dreadful flatspot these bikes came with when running the standard can, just off the bottom into the midrange where this motor should be so sweet, by fine-tuning both ignition and fuelling tables. While it was in we replaced the headstock bearings and the front brake discs (the old ones were warped) and fitted new pads while we were at it.
This will be one sweet Triumph with a strong engine very shortly…!