A nice little job, even if MVs like this – on the stock ECU – can be a little tricky. We’ve done a few now and know they’re not simple or straightforward and mostly owners complain of a really snatchy low-down power delivery (and when they stand idling you can hear ’em go woh-woh-woh…).
While this one was here we went through quite a few things. We did the service then balanced the throttle bodies and re-set the TPS, then set about the ECU remap. We had to build an ignition map and switch off a few bits and pieces and overall it dialled in nicely but with a glitch – sometimes if you shut the throttle very quickly the engine would cut out.
The bottom end delivery was super smooth though, and this side-effect was not unexpected for such a high-strung engine with limited flywheel effect. In the end we solved that problem, and the only fly in the ointment it left us with was a slight just off off-idle fluffiness.
We road tested the bike and it was fine, but when the customer got home he found a water leak which sprang up possibly because of vibration from high-rpm running on the Dyno. So we had it back and repaired it for him.