We enjoyed working on this bike – it was a challenge! The customer had fitted cans – and the ECU that came with ’em – and was complaining that the bike wasn’t running right. We started by resetting the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and then went about filling in all the holes in the fuelling.
To be honest, it wasn’t easy to get right, and we spent a lot of time riding it to see what effect the work on the Dyno had out on the road. Ultimately, we were pleased with how it turned out. It’s got a lovely motor, this thing, really torquey with a beautiful roll-on performance. The owner is now enjoying his bike more; he has reported back that the engine temperature has gone up slightly – before, the fuelling was so rich that it was almost petrol-cooled. It’s running leaner now, much more efficiently, so the temperature will rise a bit. He’s also getting more MPG, performance and usability, so is happy!