2015 Triumph Explorer 1050 fit Scorpion can and ECU remap to sort out the snatch!

Posted November 30th, 2015 in ECU Remap, Triumph.

A good, straightforward job this one. You could say that the 1050 triple engine is at the end of its production life and there’s no doubt the poor thing’s been strangled to death by emissions legislation over the years. It has been detuned to 110bhp for this application (full power it’d make about 130bhp) anyway […]

Triumph Thunderbird 1600 ECU remap – an owner emails his thoughts…

Posted November 18th, 2015 in ECU Remap, Triumph.

There’s a lot we can do for Triumph twins (of all capacity) when it comes to an ECU remap. And the net result of the work and modifications is to give back the rider control of the engine. It sounds odd, but it’s true. David brought his Thunderbird in for a sort out, and was […]

2012 Triumph Bonneville America ECU remap

Posted November 9th, 2015 in ECU Remap, Triumph.

The exhaust pipes had been changed on this Bonnie America and the owner brought because it wasn’t running right and he suspected poor fuelling. We ran it up and it was bad; so we put a new set of spark plugs in (it’d just been dealer serviced, apparently…) which at least cured the misfire, and meant […]

Triumph Bonnie T100 ECU remap – an owner emails his thoughts…

Posted October 26th, 2015 in ECU Remap, Owner's Words, Triumph.

Steve recently bought his Bonnie in for an ECU remap – and was kind enough to drop us a report he’d written for the Triumph Owners (Peterborough) website, which he’s chairman of. Cheers mate! —–Original Message—– You have been contacted via BSD Performance – their message is as follows. Name:            Steve […]

2014 Triumph Tiger Sport ECU remap – an owner emails his thoughts

Posted October 21st, 2015 in ECU Remap, Triumph.

Gill in the BSD office here. I’ve just had some very nice feedback from the owner of a Triumph Tiger 1050, who I must say had lost confidence in the bike – it scared him because it was so snatchy. It’s not an unusual thing either, and giving the rider control of the engine (by […]

2008 Triumph Speedmaster ECU remap – running rich after main dealer upload

Posted October 16th, 2015 in ECU Remap, Triumph.

We’ve done a few Triumph twins recently. This one was running very rich; it’d been back to a main dealer, who’d put a map in, but it was a one size fits nobody situation and the engine was using so much fuel – and stank of it too! The owner, understandably, was not very happy… […]

1998 Triumph Thunderbird Sport carb setup and general sort out!

Posted October 14th, 2015 in Carburettors, Triumph.

The owner of this Thunderbird bought it in with a full system onboard (not jetted for) and running really rough. It had two problems – definitely it needed setting up for the pipe, but also because it had been run lean for a time the three old-fashioned HT coils had cooked up and broken down, […]

2010 Triumph Thunderbird ECU remap – like bolting on a set of carbs!

Posted October 7th, 2015 in ECU Remap, Triumph.

We like ECU remapping Triumph Thunderbirds, and we like the bike too. They are one of those bikes we can make a big difference to! obviously, switching off all the emissions equipment is a good start but there’s a tweak we do that gives the rider control back of the fuelling. And when we’ve worked […]

2015 Triumph Thruxton ECU remap – an owner emails his thoughts…

Posted October 2nd, 2015 in ECU Remap, Triumph.

The Triumph Thruxton engine really responds well to having all the emissions nonsense switched off in the ECU. We can then build fuelling and ignition maps that match whatever exhaust/filter setup is on the bike and give the rider true control of their engine – a lot of which is taken away by the emissions interference. […]

2010 Triumph Thruxton – fitted with Arrow exhaust – ECU remap to cure rich running and poor fuel economy

Posted August 21st, 2015 in ECU Remap, Triumph.

The owner of this Thruxton has had it for some time, and after changing the pipe for an Arrow system felt it wasn’t running as sweetly as it should – and it was using a lot of fuel. We started by disconnecting the lambda sensor (he’d already removed the SAI, but we needed to switch it […]