Bike Engined Cars
Paul Butcher’s Suzuki GSX-R1000K5-engined Jedi racing car passed through our workshop recently. We’ve long been building a large number of the big Suzuki K5 mills for drivers that race in the Jedi series, and have amassed a deal of experience with the problems of running high-output bike engines in a four wheeled chassis. Paul’s engine [...]
2010 Triumph Sprint ECU Reprogram
The issues with this bike mainly concern power and power delivery off the bottom especially two-up. It’s been back to the dealer and had the latest factory tune, but the owner wants a little more. First job? Isolate the Lambda sensor and cap off the emissions unit. The bike was then put on the Dyno and we reprogrammed the stock ECU; fuelling at the bottom end has been richened up, taking away the ‘hunting’ snatchiness. Fuelling all the way through the rev range has been optimized and the ignition curve trimmed.
2009 Yamaha R1 Road to Race
To upgrade to race spec we’ve fitted an Öhlins rear shock and MCT have modded the front forks. The engine’s been out and we’ve adjusted the cam timing, ported and skimmed the cylinder head and we’re fitting a set of BSD Performance adjustable bellmouths. It’s also having a YEC race loom and ECU, plus quickshifter.
- KTM RC8 fitted with Rottweiler airbox & JCE exhaust full ECU remap and Dyno set-up 24 May 2013
- 2010 Ducati 696 Monster oil/filter change & new belts 22 May 2013
- 2012 BMW K1300R Power Commander PC V fit and Dyno setup – an owner’s words 20 May 2013
- Triumph Thunderbird full ECU remap – an owner’s words 17 May 2013
- KTM RC8 ECU remap – an owner’s words 15 May 2013